Thursday, March 21, 2013

Introduction to a Heston inspired dinner: Old Fashioned Lolly Shop

This is not a recipe post, sorry. It's a preamble. I have to wait until I get all the photos to do the food.

Old fashioned lolly shop dinner


So this is a dinner party that I can honest say I've been thinking about for a long while. In fact, I even dreamed about it. And while I wish I could have laid on the dream location I had in mind, the dinner itself was close enough!

The thought was to plan a whole dinner around a Lolly shop theme. The kind of lolly shop I remembered as a kid. I know from seeing him talk at his live show that Heston Blumenthal similarly reminisced about lolly shops from his childhood, so this dinner seemed appropriate for a pseudo-homage.


Pre dinner drink:
  • Mini Brandy Alexander. (Okay largely because they are my favourite cocktail.. but they are kind of spiced-chocolate flavour, so suitably on-theme!)

Entrée:
  • Not-Sea-Bass with Vanilla Butter

Mains: 
  • Roast venison with chocolate sauce and beetroot puree
  • Glazed Carrots
  • Potato Rosti
Dessert: 
Lolly Shop Tasting Plate:
  • Strawberry sherbet and liquorice
  • Musk Lolly Ice-cream
  • Vanilla-Malteser Ice-cream balls
  • Apple Pie Caramels
  • Rosewater Marshmallows
  • Hot Chocolate
See you when the photos arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment